Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1st Day Back with Kids

Today the students came back. It went pretty well! They all acted like they missed me terribly!! I set new rules and consequences. Some that are easier for me to be consistent with. It really was bizarre. They were pretty tame today and really no drama. Oh yeah, one thing, remember the girl that I told you that was raped?!? Well, she told me today that her sister just confessed that she had an abortion w/ her brother's baby a couple years ago! I had to call the detective w/ that one! Geez! Could her story get any worse?
Oh and Jackson had a fever yesterday and had to be picked up early. I had to leave my meetings and come home w/ him. Then Michael took off work today to stay home w/ him. Tonite, Jack still has a fever, so my dad will take care of him in the morning, and I will have to take a half day! This adds so much more drama to school life! The kids can't handle it when I leave- they get crazy and I get 4 page letters from whoever substitutes my class, on how bad they were! I will let you know how it goes.
Until then, pray for Jackson to get better and for me to hold onto my strength in the Lord, to keep me going. I know I can make it!
Court

No comments: